Here's an overview of the most popular April Fools' jokes and hoaxes we've seen today. Check back often as we will update this list throughout the day.
- The Young Conservatives tried to make everybody believe Hillary Clinton had been arrested by the FBI.
- Scientists devise plan to 'cloak' earth from eyes of aliens bent on invasion:
London's Daily Express newspaper published this story Friday afternoon. It claims a new earth protection system shoots lasers into the sky that mask the planet from extraterrestrials. It is not true, but a good effort for April Fools Day.
- Presidential candidate Ted Cruz tweeted that Donald Trump accepted his debate challenge:
Happy to hear @realDonaldTrump accepted my challenge to debate one-on-one: https://t.co/mikc6fXZei-- Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) April 1, 2016
People who clicked the link got to see this video:
- Mashable reports H&M is bringing out a Mark Zuckerberg collection, consisting only of gray shirts and blue jeans:
- Donald Trump announced his candidacy was actually an April Fools joke and people should vote for Hillary Clinton:
- Gmail temporarily added a 'Mic Drop' button to definitively close any email conversation, but there are reports they had to retract it after people complained they were accidentally shutting down real conversations.
- BT claims EU bureaucrats have introduced new regulations to move April Fools to April 2nd starting 2017, sparking protests:
- Sony corporation claims it has actually built a consumer version of the Proton Pack seen in the Ghostbusters movie:
- Buzzfeed claims conservative writer Milo Yianopoulos is actually a constructed personality written by 44 interns.
- Google has developed the 'Google Cardboard Plastic', promising actual 360-degree reality (not virtual!).
- Snoop Dogg also enters the world of virtual reality, with YouTube promising to turn any video into a 360 degree video with Snoop Dogg in it as your viewing companion:
- Porn site PornHub.com has rebranded as CornHub today:
- President Obama has signed an executive action to pardon all Marijuana drug offenders and remove pot as a schedule 1 drug.