STORY UPDATED: check for updates below.
A story published Wednesday, April 13, 2016, saying that Coca-Cola recalled it's Dasani water products from across the United States "after several thousand bottles of their drinking water was found to be contaminated with a parasite" is a hoax. It is not true.
The false report by "News 4" purports that "several hundred people to the hospital and is responsible for parasitic symptoms such as fever, rash, vomiting and stomach bloating." Again, it is false.
The story was accompanied by a photo of a baby eel, which the publisher wanted you to think was the offending parasite. A reverse image revealed the same image was posted on a story about juvenile eels in 2013.
There is NO Dasani recall. Drink up and enjoy without the fear of a tiny eel slithering down your throat. And when you see the hoax posted by a Facebook friend, put our story below it in response.
2018-03-19T22:37:34Z 2018-03-19T22:37:34ZThe 2016 story has just gone viral again on a new site: worldstory.co. It still isnt't true though.