Fake website USA News published a hoax article titled "U.S Army opens to Filipino Applicants; $180,000 annual salary". It opens:
PALO ALTO (California) - The United States Army has announced that it would soon be accepting applications from the people of the Philippines who wish to join them.
For the past years, the U.S Army has been available only to residents and citizens of the United States but a statement issued by its office in California says it is "piloting international recruitment".
Piloting international recruitment with Filipinos would amend the dying military affiliations the United States has with the Philippines.
The story is completely fake, no such announcement has been made and no information about the story can be found anywhere on the official website of the U.S. Army.
The article also hinted that the minimum remuneration for personnel in the United States Army is $180,000 per annum, representing a monthly take-home of $15,000. This too is a complete lie: the actual numbers as listed on the website of the U.S. Army are between $48,159 and $94,085 (for certain officers).
If you do want to join the United States Army, here is what you will need according to their site:
- Proof of citizenship (if you were not born in the United States)
- Social Security card
- Valid driver's license or current state identification card
- A direct-deposit form from your checking account (signed by a bank official)
- Original or certified copies of your marriage certificate, divorce decree or separation order (if applicable)
- Original or certified copies of birth certificates of children under 18; affidavit of support from parents; court documents and direct-deposit forms if ordered to pay spousal and/or child support (if applicable)
- If you are married to a service member in the military, you need to have the name, Social Security number and military address of your spouse
- Copies of your lease agreement or rental contract for any dependents residing outside of government quarters (if applicable)
- Original or certified ROTC documentation (if applicable)
- Original college transcripts; GED or high school diploma
Don't fall for this fake news which is being widely shared as the Trendolizer graph at the end of this article shows. And help other people out by putting a stop to the spread of this fake news.