Did LeBron James buy the New Orleans condo of his good friend Chris Paul? No, that's not true: a story that claimed he did appeared on a prank website but it mentioned no source and no author. It did not happen, the story is not real.
In some respects you should feel sorry for the Golden State Warriors. They've just won a second straight championship, their third in four years, and yet they're nowhere near the biggest story in the league. Enjoy the parade, Warriors, just don't be offended if our attentions are elsewhere: LeBron James may well be on the move.
After all, someone wins the NBA finals every year - and sometimes it's not even the Warriors. But it's a much rarer occasion that the Best Player In The Game (And Possibly Of All Time) is facing free agency.
The news supposedly came from "an insider of the New Orleans real estate market" but the website Trend News comes with a disclaimer at the bottom of every article that reads:
This website is an entertainment website, jokes are created by users. These are humourous jokes, fantasy, fictional, that should not be seriously taken or as a source of information.
We found no confirmation for this rumor on any reputable website so we're going to have to go with a "false" rating here...
We wrote about trend-news.com before, here are our most recent articles that mention the site:
- Fake News: Body NOT Found near I-40 In Duplin County
- Fake News: Schools In Northern Ireland NOT Closed November 9th-20th
- Fake News: Girl NOT Sold For $500 And Weed, NOT Raped And Killed
- Fake News: Man NOT Caught Having Sex With Biological 15 Year Old Daughter
- Fake News: Teen Girl Did NOT Murder Boyfriend For Liking Another Girl's Instagram Post