Is the installation of 5G in the United Kingdom a "cover-up" for a secret weapon deployment? No, that's not true: There is no evidence to support the bizarre ramblings in a YouTube video making the claim. The poster suggested the fifth-generation wireless technology is a lethal weapon deployment being done while the country is following stay-at-home guidance due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.
It's just the latest conspiracy theory about 5G that isn't borne out by facts.
PEOPLE ARE ASKING ENOUGH QUESTIONS NOW AND WORKING OUT SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT - KEEP THE PRESSURE UP THE BALL IS ROLLING - BE THE RESISTANCE WWW.SAVEUSNOW.ORG.UK
Users on social media only saw this:
The video spouted off a series of claims that are not supported by facts, and Steele offered no evidence to back up the assertions.
He said that the "cabal's in full disarray" and suggested that 5G towers are being constructed near schools because telecommunications companies and the government "want to kill your children first."
He also said the high-speed cellular technology could cause flu-like symptoms, pneumonia, even death.
However, Dr. Payam Heydari, Ph.D., a professor of electrical engineering at the University of California, Irvine, previously told Lead Stories that health concerns about 5G are unfounded:
People should not be really concerned for the following reasons: despite the fact that these wireless companies such as Verizon, AT&T and the backbone hardware companies, such as Apple, Broadcom, Qualcomm, they're advertising that 'Oh, 5G is totally new, it's nothing compared to 4G or other standards,' let me tell you what. When it comes to user-to-user communication, there is not much difference really when it comes to the frequency usage. The bandwidth per user will increase, of course. But there is not much difference. Think about it: the big semiconductor and high-tech companies are not ready to completely revolutionize the wireless infrastructure by just abandoning the (existing) cell phones and just use another completely different cell phone.
Steele also suggested that the U.K. government was using the "stay-at-home" guidance during the coronavirus pandemic as a guise for a secret weapon deployment program. However, he offered no evidence for his speculations.
He also called the coronavirus a "hoax," even though more than 63,000 people worldwide have died to the pandemic, as of April 4, 2020.
Lastly, Steele said 5G is part of a "Satanic plan", and that the government is a "criminal enterprise." His post links to a new political party in Britain, Save Us Now. Its website lists 5G as one of its chief concerns.
There is no evidence to support the wild conspiracy theory suggesting the British government wants to deliberately kill children by deploying 5G. The high-speed wireless technology remains a popular topic among online scaremongers, though. You can read more related stories here:
- Fact Check: Switching On 5G Did NOT Cause Dead Ducks 'Everywhere'
- Fact Check: 'Former Vodafone Boss' Makes FALSE Claim In Taken-Down YouTube Video That Coronavirus Caused By 5G Tech
- Fact Check: There Is NO Evidence That 5G Is Being Forcibly Installed In Schools
- Fact Check: Video Does NOT Show Destruction Of 5G Towers During Rampage
- Fact Check: 'Coronavirus / COVID-19 Exposed' Video Does NOT Contain Credible Info
- Fact Check: Video Does NOT Show 5G Installation At Texas School
- Fact Check: There Is NO Evidence The Illuminati Controlled The U.S. Government, And Coronavirus Is NOT Caused By 5G
- Fact Check: There Is NO Evidence Of Worldwide COVID-19 Conspiracy Involving U.S. Government, Its Military, 5G Tech And The Illuminati
- Fact Check: Device In Video Did NOT Accurately Measure "Insane" 5G Radiation Levels
- Fact Check: Coronavirus Cases In U.S. NOT Linked To 5G Rollout
- Fact Check: Trump DID Sign 5G Bill, But Exposure Effects Are Misleading
- Fact Check: 5G Technology NOT Believed To Have Caused Coronavirus
- Fact Check: Birds Did NOT Fall Dead From The Sky Due To 5G
- Fake News: Man Who Works On 5G Towers Does NOT Offer Sources To Back Up Claims On The Dangers To Come
- Fake News: Hundreds Of Birds That Fell Out Of The Sky Were NOT Near A 5G Installation
- Fake News: Israel Did Not Invent 5G Technology, And It Did Not Ban It
- Fake News: Japan Did NOT Abandon The Development of 5G Networks For The Health of Citizens
- Fake News: Firefighters DID NOT Suffer Neurological Damage After Contact With 5G Cell Towers