Fact Check: Fox News Did NOT Cancel Judge Jeanine Pirro's Show

Fact Check

  • by: Alexis Tereszcuk
Fact Check: Fox News Did NOT Cancel Judge Jeanine Pirro's Show Still On Air

Did Fox news cancel Judge Jeanine's show? No, that's not true. Fox News denied the claim, saying in an email to Lead Stories that her absence was due to "election coverage," and that she would be back on the air the following weekend.

The claim appeared as an article published by Objectivist.co on November 8, 2020 titled "Heads Roll at Fox News: Judge Jeanine Show Cancelled" (archived here) which opened:

"According to a report by Newsmax, the Fox News Channel has cancelled Judge Jeanine Pirro's show."

Users on social media only saw this title, description and thumbnail:

Heads Roll at Fox News: Judge Jeanine Show Cancelled

According to a report by Newsmax, the Fox News Channel has cancelled Judge Jeanine Pirro's show. The decision came after the network learned that the host planned to cover issues related to suspected fraud in the 2020 election.

Objectivist News reported that Pirro did not appear on Fox News on Saturday, November 7, 2020, (after the network called the presidential election for Democrat Joe Biden) because her show had been canceled, citing an on-air report on Newsmax. "The decision came after the network learned that the host planned to cover issues related to suspected fraud in the 2020 election," the website said.

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 12.53.59 PM.png

Rob Schmitt of Newsmax said on-air, "Her show has been suspended tonight and did not air over at Fox News Channel. Sources close to the network tell us that's because she made a very staunch defense of President Trump and wanted to expose or attempt to expose the voter fraud that the Trump campaign and Republicans allege took place."

In an email to Lead Stories, a Fox News spokesperson said the show has not been canceled:

Judge Pirro was never scheduled to be on due to ongoing election coverage and she will be back next week along with all regularly scheduled programming that was also preempted due to ongoing breaking news coverage.

NewsGuard, a company that uses trained journalist to rank the reliability of websites, describes objectivist.co as:

A conservative news site that does not disclose its perspective and does not run corrections.

According to NewsGuard the site does not maintain basic standards of accuracy and accountability. Read their full assessment here.

Want to inform others about the accuracy of this story?

See who is sharing it (it might even be your friends...) and leave the link in the comments.:


  Alexis Tereszcuk

Alexis Tereszcuk is a writer and fact checker at Lead Stories and an award-winning journalist who spent over a decade breaking hard news and celebrity scoop with RadarOnline and Us Weekly.

As the Entertainment Editor, she investigated Hollywood stories and conducted interviews with A-list celebrities and reality stars.  

Alexis’ crime reporting earned her spots as a contributor on the Nancy Grace show, CNN, Fox News and Entertainment Tonight, among others.

Read more about or contact Alexis Tereszcuk

Different viewpoints

Note: if reading this fact check makes you want to contact us to complain about bias, please check out our Blue feed first.

About us

International Fact-Checking Organization

Lead Stories is a fact checking website that is always looking for the latest false, deceptive or inaccurate stories (or media) making the rounds on the internet.
Spotted something? Let us know!.

Lead Stories is a:


Follow us on social media

Most Read

Most Recent

Share your opinion